THIS PAGE IS IN TEST MODE ONLY
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PAGE UNLESS YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE TEST TEAM
About the Author and the Book
Risteard Ua Croinin was born in Ennis, Co. Clare, in 1953, the son of a Cobh father and Donegal mother. He was educated at the Christian Brothers’ Primary and Secondary schools, Ennis before attending the Limerick College of Education and University College Dublin where he graduated in Gaelic and Archaeology in 1977.
After spending some years teaching in Dublin, he and his wife Helen moved to Dysert O’Dea, Co. Clare where they restored an old cottage originally built by the Congested Districts Board. In 1980 he made the acquaintance of Jack O’Day of Wisconsin and for the next six years advised him on repair work to the old castle of the O’Deas at Dysert. In 1968 he formed The Dysert O’Dea Development Association and over the next two years restored the castle and opened The Dysert O’Dea Archaeology Centre.
Since then he has continued to work towards the further development of the area, including the planning of the “Dysert O’Dea Archaeology Trail” and the O’Dea Clan Gathering of 1990. Risteard has written incessantly on the archaeology of Co. Clare and has published numerous articles in archaeological journals. He has been an uncompromising advocate of the conservation of old urban and rural buildings and has acted as a consultant on many restoration projects throughout the county.
In 1990 Risteard was presented with The Clare Tourism Award by Clare Tourist Council and The Shannon Free Airport Development Company for his work in the promotion of tourism in Co. Clare.
Due to the great interest generated during the O’Dea Clan Gathering in July 1990, he decided to edit the copious notes that he had collected on the O’Deas of Dysert and set about seriously studying the chronological history of the clan. This book is the culmination of his work.
Table of ContentsClick here view the Table of Contents for the Book
About This Online Order Form
- You can use this form to submit an online order for copies of O’Dea – Ua Deaghaidh: The Story of a Rebel Clan on CD.
- You can choose to:
- Order your CDs and pay for them in person when you pick them up at the Clan Gathering in Ennis, Co. Clare in May 2018.
- Pay for your CDs and pick them up in person at the Clan Gathering in Ennis, Co. Clare in May 2018.
- Pay for your CDs and ask for them to be sent to you by Airmail.
- If you choose to have your CDs sent by Airmail, there will be a fixed rate shipping cost of 2 Euro per CD.
- If you have a PayPal account, you can pay using your PayPal account.
- If you do not have a PayPal account, you can pay using your credit card or debit card.
106total visits,1visits today