Group Rates for 10th Clan Gathering 10-13 May 2018

Dysert O`Dea Clan > Topics > #old ground #templeagte #ennis > Group Rates for 10th Clan Gathering 10-13 May 2018

Welcome to the Dysert O’Dea Clan Forums General Discussion Forum Group Rates for 10th Clan Gathering 10-13 May 2018

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Carol Ferro
      Participant

I have once again negotiated rates for The Old Ground Hotel in Ennis for 10th O’Dea Clan Gathering from Thursday 10th May to Sunday 13th May 2018. Room rates have gone up a lot since the 2014 gathering so I have also negotatiated a group rate for TempleGate in Ennis which is cheaper and about 5 mins walk. Please note  there is no availability for 13th and 14th in either hotel at the group rate but I can do 8th/9th

The Old Ground 470 euros twin or double for 3 nights B&B (extra nights 150 midweek 160 weekend)

£25 booking fee per room regardless of duration and pay on arrival

TempleGate 405 twin or double 3 nights B&B (extra nights 135 euros) single. At the moment 13th/14th are available on the website @159 euros per night but there are only 4 rooms left so they won’t let me have the group rate for those nights and I have already had enquiries on 2 of those.

Templegate require a 50 euro non refundable deposit and balance 2 weeks prior to departure and I need £25 booking fee

£25

Carol Ferro
      Participant

Statement regarding accommodation for 10th Clan Gathering
      <div class=”_1dwg _1w_m _2ph_” style=”padding: 12px 12px 0px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #1d2129; font-size: 12px;”>
      <div style=”font-family: inherit;”>
      <div id=”js_1jt” class=”_5pbx userContent” style=”font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.38; font-family: inherit;” data-ft=”{"tn":"K"}”>
      <div id=”id_58d2db10ef2cc1768387758″ class=”text_exposed_root text_exposed” style=”display: inline; font-family: inherit;”>
      <p style=”margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: inherit;”>I held an allocation of rooms for 10th/11th/12th believing that it was 3 nights from 10th-13th. In fact the banquet is for the 13th so accommodation would be needed for Sunday night as well.</p>
      <p style=”margin: 6px 0px; font-family: inherit;”>Unfortunately both the Old Ground and Templegate round the corner only have 6 rooms left between the two hotels and in fact The Old Ground are overbooked meaning they have sold more rooms than they actually have for Sunday and Monday.</p>
      <p style=”margin: 6px 0px; font-family: inherit;”>Also since the rates have gone up so much I have been<span class=”text_exposed_show” style=”display: inline; font-family: inherit;”> told it’s a rip off by some of the contingent even without putting any admin fee on top to cover phone calls etc.</span></p>

<div class=”text_exposed_show” style=”display: inline; font-family: inherit;”>
      <p style=”margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: inherit;”>
      I have therefore taken the decision to release all the rooms I am holding tomorrow since I cannot fulfil an obligation to cover the duration of the clan gathering on a group basis and the fact I already know they are overbooked is not a responsibility that I am am happy to deal with.</p>
      <p style=”margin: 6px 0px; font-family: inherit;”>I have already had 6 enquiries for Sunday night so even if I were to book those I cannot fulfil an obligation to fill my allocation of rooms and I cannot waitlist 25-30 rooms and hope for cancellations</p>

</div>
      <p style=”margin: 6px 0px; font-family: inherit;”>It is also a fact that the Templegate have increased the rates as time has gone on because they know that the rooms will now sell at any price</p>

<div class=”text_exposed_show” style=”display: inline; font-family: inherit;”>
      <p style=”margin: 6px 0px; font-family: inherit;”>I feel therefore that for the 2018 gathering I will give up on trying to get a group allocation and let everyone book individually at the best rate they can get.</p>
      <p style=”margin: 6px 0px; font-family: inherit;”>Best of Luck</p>

</div>
      </div>
      </div>
      <div class=”_3x-2″ style=”font-family: inherit;”></div>
      <div style=”font-family: inherit;”></div>
      </div>
      </div>
      <div style=”font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #1d2129; font-size: 12px;”></div>

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
NEED HELP?